Khoya-an interactive book for children


Khoya- the trailer from Shilo Shiv Suleman on Vimeo.


check out www.khoya.in! 


So this is what I've been secretly working on for a long long time.
and having presented it as an Augmented Reality book for Kids and now an ipad app for kids-
I'm proud to say It's also my diploma project at Srishti- and is going to be OUT there in the real world December 2011.
Share it send it click it save it fund it develop it and rotate it.


Original Concept,Art, Animation and Design by Shilo Shiv Suleman
Written by Avijit Michael
Soundtrack by Nikhil Narendra


under the guidance and mentorship of Anders Sandell at Tank and Bear


to get in touch about funding,development or any other questions- mail shilo1221@gmail.com

the background:
I’ve always been a bit of a technophobe, fearing that if I got sucked into a computer screen I would lose my relationship with the natural world. In 2009, in dialogue with Mukhtiar Ali the Sufi Singer, we discussed how nothing had changed since the Mahabharat, lofty chariots in the sky are not unlike our aeroplanes. We came to the conclusion however that Magic had been replaced by Machinery. 
I found this quite disturbing.
If anything, Machinery (and technology) should enable and actualize magic, not kill it. So I started working on Khoya, a series of interactive narratives for children in the Toy Lab. 
In it’s first avatar: Khoya became an Augmented Reality book for Children. It was amongst the first of it’s kind in the country and explored the boundaries of technology and tangibility.
In it’s second incarnation, I started to work on the second book of Khoya on the tablet platform.






4 comments:

JUGGLESHWARI said...

Fantastic work! Thank you for bringing back some magic. Love, love and more love to you dear Shilo :o)

Devashish Guruji said...

Looooking suuuper exciting shilo! Love it! The video is a good idea.. puts it in perspective :) Good luuuck

Arif Sarkar said...

Thanks a lot for this post. I have read the post and it's very useful to me.

web design company in kolkata

Arkon Academy said...

Great Blog!! That was amazing. Your thought processing is wonderful. The way you tell the thing is awesome.

digital marketing training institute in kolkata